Thursday, May 10, 2007

Deep in the Heart of Texas

That's right. It's the end of the second day of our road trip. I'm still updating the map. Today we started in Arizona...drove through New Mexico and ended up in Texas. My thoughts--New Mexico is dry and arid. Arizona's desert is cooler. Texas is alot more green that I originally suspected. I also didn't think I'd really see cowboy boots and wide brim hats, but alas. It's true. Where are the dude ranches? (a la Hey Dude?) We're in San Antonio for the night near Sea World. Tomorrow's plan is a trip to the Alamo, Riverwalk, and then Dbacks v. Houston game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While you were there you should have checked out the National Shooting Complex. It's just outside San Antonio and is where I go for all my big National competitions.

Becky said...

Well done on the Google maps... I'll have to remember that when I head back to the west coast permanently. Though I'm tempted to just have my car shipped to wherever I'm going and fly. Driving that far just sucks.