Friday, June 01, 2007

TB Guy

For those who haven't heard, here's a quick recap. Stupid attorney contracts super deadly virus of TB. CDC says don't fly anywhere. Stupid attorney goes, gee I think I'll fly to Italy, get married, and then fly back. Here's his quote:

"I'm a very well-educated, successful, intelligent person," he told the newspaper. "This is insane to me that I have an armed guard outside my door when I've cooperated with everything other than the whole solitary-confinement-in-Italy thing."

Okay, currently it's debatable if you are well-educated (because you can't follow directions, you won't beb successful for much longer because you will be dead, and you aren't intelligent because you purposely endangered the lives of everyone on that plane, your wife, everyone at your wedding, and who knows how many people in Italy.

That's the worst logic ever. This guy is why attorneys have bad names. And then, the article talks about how he might be able to sue the government because he's in quarantine. Ummm...stupid news article, how about a little thing called compelling state interest? Additionally, stupid attorney should be worried about being sued by anyone who contracts TB because of his failure to heed doctor's advice. A jury would be mighty unsympathetic to his cause.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*high five*...Those are my thoughts except...yours sound a lot smarter! Now stop blogging and start studying!!! :)

Becky said...

I'm continually amazed at the ability of educated people to act like absolute idiots... which proves my point... educating people isn't going to save them. The question is... what is?