Friday, November 03, 2006

Bar Advice

When meeting attorneys and forced to engage in small talk, I have decided that an excellent question to ask is if they have any advice about taking the bar. I get various answers. It is a good question to ask because of the diversity of the answers. I get good pieces of advice, like exercise daily. Take an hour off. I also get random pieces of advice--like stay in a hotel so you can walk to the bar. Don't talk to others about the test, and don't study during the test.

Today's piece of advice from a lawyer I met: "I had a good real property teacher. I knew the rule against perpetuities. So when I sat down to sit through that lecture for my bar review course, it dawned on me that the lecturer had no idea what he was talking about. So I grabbed my friend, we quietly left, and we went to see a movie." She said I need to remember that the lecturer may not know what he's talking about. This scares me. I doubt I will heed her advice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew there was a reason I did self study. Oh wait, I did that cuz I didn't want to wake my ass up and go to a Bar Review.